- Duration: 2 days (day 1 : Climb Mt Yari, day 2: Dai Kiretto to Kita Hotaka)
- Distance: 50 km
- Elevation: 1,800 m
- Activity level: Strenuous, including rocky scrambling
- Start: Kamikochi bus station 1,500 m
- Finish: Kamikochi bus station
- Mount Yari : 3,180 ｍ
- Kita Hotaka : 3,106 ｍ
- Both Nihon Hyaku Mei Zan (100 Famous mountains)
Famous for its pyramidal peak, Mount Yari (‘the spear’) is one of the most beautiful mountains in Japan.
Yari holds the highest admiration for many climbers. The majestic characteristics of the mountain are able to be seen from many different places along the hike giving this hike the highest praise of climbers.
The first recorded climber is Monk Banryo (1786 – 1840) in 1828 it was recorded that he placed 3 buddha statues on the summit.
Start from the Kamikochi bus station, 5 – 9 hours hike leads you to Mt Yari hut and the camp site.
If you interested in traditional alpine route in Japan, Tony san did great work!