- Duration: 3 days (Day 1 : Karasawa, Day2 : Oku Hotaka, Day3 : Nichi Hotaka )
- Distance: 24 km
- Elevation: 2,300 m
- Activity level: Strenuous, Rocky scrambling
- Start: Kamikochi bus station
- Finish: Sinhotaka Onsen bus station
- Oku Hotaka 3,190m / 10,465 ft
- Kita Hotaka : 3,106 ｍ / 10,190 ft
- Both Nihon Hyaku Mei Zan (100 Famous mountains)
On Day 2, from Karasawa to Oku Hotaka, the first climb will be to Kita Hotaka then pass through to Oku Hotaka.
Map time of Karasawa to Kita Hotaka is 4 hours.
On 2-4 hours hike from Karasawa to Kita Hotaka many flowers welcome you and if you are lucky enough, even thunder birds（雷鳥） in summer color too.
The thunder birds turn into fluffy white dawns in winter time, which is so cute.
Kita Hotaka to Oku Hotaka rocky trail takes 2 and half hours to complete.